Product and Marketing executive with experience building and growing products from scratch and managing at scale, currently at Avant Arte. Passionate about Design, Product and Data. Invests and advises companies such as Procuros, Cosuno, Rooser, Petsapp, Vev and Cutr.
VP of Product and Marketing at Avant Arte March 2021 - Current ( Series A led by Bessemer - Primary Art Marketplace and Community )
- Currently leading Product, Tech and Marketing teams, responsible for product and tech management, data, design, marketing channels and content growing from a team 4 to 45 members.
- The teams rebuilt the entire platform ( from this to that ) delivering top of the industry conversion rates ( by benchmark ) whilst building and growing tactical acquisition channels such as Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Youtube and organic ( SEO ) leading from hundreds to millions of page views monthly.
- While working at the intersection of both disciplines, we deploy low budget creative campaigns across channels leading to over subscribed releases, and record breaking time limited releases such as AiWeiwei middle finger or Ayako Rokkaku live painting campaign.
- Worked with multiple departments in the business to build a new NFT to physical proposition that currently delivers more than 30% of all revenue.
VP of Product at REKKI May 2018 - February 2021 ( Series A led by Benchmark - Wholesale B2B marketplace )
- Built and led geographically distributed product, design, content, research and data teams across London and Amsterdam in launching the first food wholesale marketplace.
- Joined the company when REKKI was a simple yet very sticky ordering tool for buyers, while growing in size, the team delivered best in class retention rates on the restaurant app, a user friendly supply tool bringing suppliers to the platform, the growth flywheel that drove CAC to target and a first version of a wholesale marketplace allowing restaurants to connect with new suppliers, thus opening the ultimate monetisation opportunity.
Director of Product Booking.com April 2016 - March 2019 ( Public Company - OTA )
- Worked in the core hotel product optimising the core conversion funnels of the mobile website.
- Started the New Product Development department with a team of three and managed up to 200 people and the full Profit and Loss of the org.
- Generated more 250M euros in revenue annually, reported to the CPO and to the VP of Experiences, delivering on brand new globally available customer facing products:
Head of Product Faber Ventures March 2013 - February 2016 ( VC fund based in Lisbon )
- Faber Ventures is a VC and company builder based in Lisbon with investments in more than 20 companies. Joined as a developer moved to product contributing to the launch of new business while supporting the investment arm of the VC.
- Built several products from scratch, including Liquid Analytics and NomNom.
- Supported portfolio companies like Codacy and Tandem on some of their product-related challenges.
Developer Blip.pt - one and a half years December 2010 - January 2012 ( Software house based in Portugal )
- Joined as one of the first employees, worked on building Blip.pt from a small company of 5 to a software development powerhouse in Porto, Portugal.
- Responsible for the mobile development team delivering the early day iOS apps for some of the top Portuguese newspapers and other publishers.
- The company was eventually acquired by BetFair.
Masters in Computer Science in Universidade de Aveiro, Portugal, 2011